I love productivity, luckely there are tools out there that can help me ! Here is a short (not definitive) list of tools that I use for my own productivity.
– Visual Studio (obviously)
-Notepad++ : so many usages for quick text editing or viewing large files. (also a very neat compare plugin (npp-compare))
– Resharper (makes life so much easier for a .Net developer)
– VS10X VS plugin: In Visual studio you need Navigation Navigation Navigation and VS10x helps a LOT in those legacy classes with thousands of lines of code !
– Telerik tools and controls : I use, I like it.
– Snoop / WPF Inspector: Snoop works a bit better for me .. WPF Inspector easily crashes with larger xaml files (in my experience)
– Snaggit: easy snapshots
– Camtasia: not using it so much currently but seriously top of the line for videos
– Xplorer2: Better than windows explorer, whenever you need to copy paste, you’ll be happy to have it !
– Paint.net: Free alternative for photoshop (and more important enough for me – I’m not a designer)
– DropBox: Doesn’t everyone use this, I also use skydrive
– Evernote: keep track of my notes: good for administration and decent tagging system
– Fiddler and WireShark: occasionally you may need to check what kind of calls your pc is making !
– Chrome and Firefox: I’m don’t feel bound to 1 browser !
– FF extensions: FireBug (debug your pages), Imacros (automate actions) , FireShot Pro(take full page screenshots even if larger than screensize)
– CryptoLicensing, Crypto obfuscator: if your software is out there, it needs protection (as far as it’s possible)
– Advanced Installer: no more screwing around with WIX for msi packages. I luv it.
– Less used:Teamviewer, LogmeIn,